Sunday, July 27, 2008

I'm so ready for.....

........two week vacation starting tomorrow!!! We will leave this Tuesday night (DH has to work till 5 pm) and will be on the road on my birthday! We may stop somewhere in Ohio for overnight then go over to Milwaukee to see my family. Oh boy, I really can't wait to see my family! That's my birthday wish - spending with my family. We will stay only one night and we will go off to Sturgis, South Dakota for the Bike Event for 9 nights. We definitely will go to many places to visit - Mt. Rushmore, Devel Towers, Pretty Horses, Black Hills, etc.

Tomorrow I will be doing last minutes shopping, packing and get ready for our big trip. I will make sure that I have enough yarns and projects for my trip. I really can't wait!!!!

My 4 years old camera is really acting up lately. I could not afford to take the risk of bringing my old camera with me. We shopped around and decided to go for Nikon Coolpix S210. We tested it to compare with other cameras. I want the smallest camera so I can put it a small purse while my DH riding harley. I'm putting the new battery in the charger now and will test it tomorrow morning.
I hope I like it!




I'm a proud knitter of Ravelympics 2008!!!!! I signed up for Team Western Maryland and will participate in Sock Put and Cowl Jump. Everyone will start knitting on August 8th during the opening ceremony and complete their projects by August 24th during the closing ceremony. Sounds FUN?

I have decided that I will knit Cable Twist Socks and Zigzag Cowl (Ravelry Links). I will be in Sturgis, South Dakota on the day of Opening Ceremony. Definitely will knit these projects on way back home by August 10th.

Happy Knitting!!!

1 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger followtheleah said...

First and foremost, happy birthday! It's great that you get to see your family, your birthday wish. Do you see them often? And have you ever been to Sturgis? It sounds like an amazing time, but I confess I'm pretty new to motorcycle culture. I just started working as a brand ambassador for Progressive motorcycle insurance, and since then I've become really interested in it. We're actually going to be at Sturgis, which is awesome! We'll be giving away free shirts at our booth at Thunder Road, plus having a drawing to win a custom Sucker Punch Sally's motorcycle. It's beautiful, kind of old school. The shirts are also really nice, exclusive to Sturgis and absolutely free. If you want to pick one up while you're there, just go to http://motorcycle.progressive.com ahead of time to download the coupon, then come by our booth to drop it off and say hi! We're going to have other cool giveaways too, so it should be a fun time.

I hope I haven't overstepped my bounds by leaving this comment, I'm just trying to get the word out :) And who knows, maybe you could win the bike as an extra birthday present! If you have any questions or want more information feel free to shoot me an Email: leah.druska@gmail.com.

See you at Thunder Road, and ride safe!

Leah Druska
Brand Ambassador

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

[